The new AXIS P14 Network Camera Series consists of seven compact bullet-style cameras offering functionalities required for most installations. The series includes cameras with built-in IR as well as a top-of-the-line model with 4K resolution. The new cameras are designed for outdoor and demanding indoor environments. They are ideal for 24/7 video surveillance of offices, shopping malls, parking-lots and public squares.
Axis Communications, the world leader in network video, today introduces the new AXIS P14 Series encompassing seven day-and-night network cameras. With the AXIS P14 Series, customers can choose from camera models with a wide range of resolutions from HDTV 1080p to 4K including integrated features for efficient and reliable video surveillance such as built-in IR, remote zoom and focus, a built-in slot for micro SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards and I/O connectors for interfacing with external devices.
“The AXIS P14 Series is an innovative outdoor-ready and cost-effective camera series offering a compact design with a focus on ease of installation and clear identification. This all-rounder series for 24/7 video surveillance provides customers with a selection of out-of-the-box ready network cameras meeting their specific requirements and budget,” says Erik Frännlid, Director of Product Management, Axis Communications. “We are especially proud to present a competitive 4K version which we believe will introduce unique opportunities for even more effective video surveillance.”
The AXIS P14 Series Network Cameras offer easy installation with remote zoom and focus for fine tuning from a computer. Furthermore, they are all equipped with a compact low-weight casing and an integrated bracket for wall or ceiling mount. To further simplify installation, a wide range of mounting accessories such as pole and corner mounts are available.
All AXIS P14 Series camera models are outdoor-ready and tailored to meet most price/performance demands:
• AXIS P1405-E/-LE with HDTV 1080p, day and night, DC-iris with remote zoom and focus, AXIS P1405-LE with built-in IR
• AXIS P1425-E/-LE with HDTV 1080p, day and night, P-iris with remote zoom and focus, I/O connectors, AXIS P1425-LE with OptimizedIR
• AXIS P1427-E/-LE with 5 MP resolution, day and night, P-Iris with remote zoom and focus, I/O connectors, AXIS P1427-LE with OptimizedIR
• AXIS P1428-E with 4K (3840x2160) resolution, day and night, P-iris with remote zoom and focus, I/O connectors
The cameras in the new AXIS P14 Series are equipped with a powerful processor allowing for great performance in image processing and better image quality, with lower noise, higher light sensitivity for sharper images and more efficient video compression with H.264 Main Profile. They also provide improved support for simultaneous streaming of multiple, individually optimized video streams, providing video management systems with increased flexibility and manageable network and storage use. In addition, the AXIS P14 Series cameras offer more processing power and capacity for intelligent video applications, which are helpful in alerting and enabling operators to act on potential and actual alarm situations.
Additional features of the new AXIS P14 Series cameras include:
• Support for video motion detection, AXIS Camera Application Platform enabling the installation of additional intelligent video applications
• IP66 and NEMA 4X ratings, ensuring protection against dust, rain and snow
• Built-in slot for micro SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards for storing recordings locally
• Highest degree of security, including HTTPS encrypted video streams that do not affect performance, and IPv6 support in addition to IPv4
• Power over Ethernet (PoE) support offering greater convenience and easier installation
• Built-in highly efficient 850nm infra-red LEDs
• OptimizedIR, a patented and power-efficient LED technology that provides an adaptable angle of IR illumination
• Axis Corridor Format
The AXIS P14 Series network cameras are supported by the industry’s largest base of video management software through the Axis Application Development Partner Program, AXIS Camera Station and the complimentary AXIS Camera Companion. The cameras also include support for AXIS Video Hosting System and ONVIF for easy camera system integration.
The new AXIS P14 Series is planned to be available in Q2 2014 through Axis’ distribution channels at suggested retail prices ranging from of $599 for the HDTV 1080p model to $799 for the 5 MP model with OptimizedIR. The suggested retail price for the AXIS P1428-E with 4K resolution is $999.
About Axis Communications
Axis offers intelligent security solutions that enable a smarter, safer world. As the global market leader in network video, Axis is driving the industry by continually launching innovative network products based on an open platform - delivering high value to its customers and carried through a global partner network. Axis has long-term relationships with partners and provides them with knowledge and ground-breaking network products in existing and new markets. Axis has more than 1,600 dedicated employees in more than 40 countries around the world, supported by a network of over 65,000 partners across 179 countries. Founded in 1984, Axis is a Sweden-based company listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm under the ticker AXIS.
For more information, please visit www.axis.com