Axis Communications, the global market leader in network video, unveiled its new product line of high-performing, flexible and scalable network video solutions, including the industry’s first range of ‘full-featured’ thermal network surveillance cameras for the Indian market. The company introduced the AXIS Q1910 and AXIS Q1910-E Thermal Network Cameras, two unique products that perfectly complement any network video system that is required to secure an area that requires round-the-cock surveillance. The new cameras use thermal imaging, which allows users to detect people and incidents with great reliability, even in complete darkness and other difficult conditions.
Thermal cameras create images based on the heat that always radiates from any object, vehicle or person. This gives thermal cameras the power to see through complete darkness and deliver images that allow operators to detect and act on suspicious activity. Thermal cameras can also handle many difficult weather conditions better than conventional cameras. These cameras are designed to complement conventional cameras within area protection, perimeter monitoring and building security, monitoring of highways and railways – platforms, bridges and tunnels; and are also used for law enforcement.
According to Oh Tee Lee, Regional Director, South Asia Pacific Region, Axis Communications, “Up until now, there have been no full-featured thermal network cameras available on the market, and analog thermal cameras have proven a challenge to integrate with modern video surveillance systems. Axis’ thermal surveillance camera range has changed this by being the industry’s first thermal cameras that mesh perfectly with any network video system, delivering all the benefits that customers have learned to expect from network cameras. We see a great demand from customers in high-end professional applications to enhance their IP-Surveillance systems with thermal cameras.”
According to the 2009 edition of a report by IMS on the global market for CCTV & video surveillance equipment, network video products are expected to account for between 40 and 50 percent of total new surveillance camera sales by 2014.
According to Prakash Prabhu, Country Manager, Axis Communications, India, “Axis Communications, which set up its sales presence in India in 2007, has expanded its domestic partner network through its various partner programs to include over 608 partners and has witnessed over 60% growth in India. Axis which currently holds 31.2% market share in the global network surveillance camera category, aims to make significant inroads into the Indian market, which is projected to grow to USD 89.2 million by 2010. Axis will continue its pursuit of technology leadership for the Indian market through a push for HDTV technology and H.264 compression standard compliant products. We have also opened our network video products for third-party applications which will contribute to development of innovative video content analysis software.”
Axis has added a number of customers across verticals in India including the New Delhi International Airport, Hyderabad International Airport, city surveillance project in Kolkata, D.Y. Patil Stadium in Mumbai, Shivajinagar Bus Terminus in Bangalore. The Serum Institute of India, Pune; BPCL (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited), NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation), Nokia, Yahoo, Target, Wipro Technologies, Hotel ITC Welcome Group and Taj Mahal hotels are some of Axis’ customers in the institutional and corporate sector.
Other products introduced by Axis in India include:
- AXIS M3113-R Network Camera is specially designed for mobile video surveillance in buses, trains, subway cars and emergency vehicles.
- AXIS M3204 Network Camera is a fixed dome camera that constitutes a cost-effective and compact network camera, perfectly suited where discreet, tamper-resistant or vandal-resistant fixed domes are requested, like retail stores, receptions, building offices, hotels and schools.
- AXIS P1344 Network Camera is a fixed network camera delivering excellent image quality with H.264 compression and is ideal for high-performance video surveillance in both indoor and outdoor applications. It is perfect for securing locations such as governmental and industrial buildings, retail stores, airports, railway stations, schools and university campuses.
- AXIS P3304, with its tamper resistant casing, is a fixed dome specifically adapted for unobtrusive video surveillance in exposed indoor environments, where discreet and compact solutions are required. It is the perfect solution for video surveillance systems with quality and efficiency requirements, e.g. in retail stores, government, banks and airports segments.
- AXIS M11 Network Cameras is a series of dependable and affordable professional cameras that support HDTV quality and the latest video compression standard, H.264. The fixed cameras, available with a choice of CS-mount lenses, enable quick and easy installation and are ideal for securing stores, schools and public places.
Axis is an IT company offering network video solutions for professional installations. The company is the global market leader in network video, driving the ongoing shift from analog to digital video surveillance. Axis products and solutions focus on security surveillance and remote monitoring, and are based on innovative, open technology platforms.
Axis is a Swedish-based company, operating worldwide with offices in more than 20 countries and cooperating with partners in more than 70 countries. Founded in 1984, Axis is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm under the ticker AXIS. For more information about Axis, please visit www.axis.com