We wish to thank all the participants, speakers, paper authors, sponsors, exhibitors and our partnering organisations for the overwhelming response and interest in the Event.
Your support and active participation in this important event contributed enormously in making the event a success.
It was a pleasure to see you there and we hope to see you again.
If you want to stay updated with details of our upcoming events and activities, please
feel free to contact us or email us at info@IndiaCore.com with your contact details and we will ensure you are kept posted about all the new ideas and our future initiatives.
And do mention how you would like to get involved- either as a speaker, sponsor, exhibitor, advertiser or participant.
We are pleased to inform that the Conference Proceedings
are available in a CD.
The Proceedings are free for any full conference attendee.
Non conference attendees can purchase the proceedings. For
further details and ordering, please click
4th Thermal Power India 2010
Council of Power Utilities and India Core organized the fourth edition of 'Thermal Power India'- a conference & exhibition series focussing on issues in the power generation industry covering coal, gas, oil & nuclear power generation. The Thermal Power India series offers a unique platform to learn, discuss and exchange experience about the major structural, technical, managerial & regulatory changes and business opportunities in the power generation segment amongst various stakeholders.
The power sector is one of the biggest growth sector in India. The Government of India has set a capacity addition target of 78,000 MW by 2012. According to the estimates of Government of India, investments of more than 100 billion dollars would be required in power generation in the next ten years. In recent years, there’s been an uninterrupted policy focus resulting in forward looking India Electricty Act 2003, delicensing of thermal power generation, restructuring of SEBs, proper market for power, setting up of power exchanges amongst other initiatives. As such, significant project opportunities are expected in the power generation sector and the interest in the sector is at an all-time high.
‘4th Thermal Power India 2010’ offered organisations with business interests in the region to leverage the opportunity and play a major role in one of the world's fastest developing power markets. It is a premium platform to meet decision-makers, policy planners, business associates & prospective clients .
- Ideal occasion to meet, interact & network with key stake holders committed to best practices in power generation
- Two days full of informative & innovative conference sessions to showcase contributions, advancement, technologies and opportunities available
- Well received series of Conference
- ‘Thermal Power India 1’- held in December 1999 in New Delhi as part of Thermal Centenary celebration in India- was attended by more than 1000 participants from the industry- underlining the event's importance and its position.
- ‘Thermal Power India 2’- held in December 2007 in New Delhi received overwhelming response and was a sell-out success.
- ‘3rd Thermal Power India 2009’- held in February 2009 in New Delhi was also well received and attended by senior most stake holders from the power industry. For more details of previous events, visit archives on www.IndiaCore.com
- Mr A.K. Mathur, AGM (Ash Utilisation)- ‘Ash Management and Emission Control’
- Mr Amitabh Srivastava (AGM-STE), J. Ghosh(AGM- MRL) & M. Batrani, Manager (STE), BHEL Haridawar- Residual Life Assessment in Steam Turbines.
- Mr Amul Gabrani, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Tecpro Systems- Welcome Address in the Inaugural Session
- Mr Anil Razdan, Former Secretary (Power)
- Mr Antony P Kurian, Chief Operating Officer, Igus India- Effective Cable Management System for Power Plant Equipment
- Mr Ashutosh Sharma, General Manager, Jasubhai Engineering- Plasma Ignition Technology for Pulverised Coal
- Mr Atish Kumar Vatts, Team Leader- Energy & Infrastructure Practice, Kochhar & Co- Topic related to Legal & Regulatory framework issues effecting the Thermal energy sector
- Mr Babak Seyedan, Director- Thermal, Hatch Canada- Economic Evaluation of Hybrid Solar-Coal Power Plant- A Case Study
- Mr Bishal Thapa, Managing Director, ICF International- Positioning Coal in the Low Carbon Economy
- Mr C. Misra, AGM (STE), Rajeev Rawat, Manager, (STE), Jatinder Mohan, Engineer (STE) BHEL Haridawar” Present and emerging trends in the development of Steam Turbine
- Mr Chandan Chowdhury, CEO, IFS- IT as an Enabler to Improve Performance of Power Sector
- Mr D K Sharma, Professor- Centre for Energy Studies, IIT Delhi- Clean Coal Technologies & CO2 Sequestration
- Mr D.K.Agarwal, GM CENPEEP, NTPC. Ltd. “Energy Efficiency”
- Mr David Wen-Chung Lin, Director, Department of Nuclear Generation, Taiwan Power Company “ Nuclear Power In Taiwan”
- Mr Dirk Mensing, Flender Limited- Power Transmission, Motion Technology & Vertical Roller Mill Drives
- Mr Edward Chen, President AESIEP & CEO Taipower, Taiwan
- Mr Emanuel Pesatori, Chief Engineer Research and Development, Franco Tosi Meccanica (a subsidiary of Gammon India Limited)- A Case Study on the Impact of Reheat Turbines on the Indian Power Generation Industry
- Mr Flemming Skovgaard Nielsen, Paolo Danesi, M.V.Radhakrishnan - BWE, Denmark - Modern boiler concept for higher efficiency power stations
- Mr G.S.Bindra GM, BHEL- Ultra Supercritical Power Plants
- Mr K.Vijayanand, MD, APGENCO- APGENCO’S initiative for Energy Management
- Mr Lakshmi Narain, Energy Adviser, NPTI Nagpur- Energy Reduction through Improved Maintenance Practices
- Mr MT Swamy, Deputy General Manager- Conforma Clad Division, Kennametal India Limited- Advanced Erosion Protection Technology Retains Engineered Geometry in the Severe Environment of Coal Fired Burners
- Mr N.K. Srivastava, AGM (R&M-Engg), NTPC Limited- Energy Efficient Technologies For Renovation of Power plants -User's Perspective
- Mr N.Murugesan, Chief Manager, TCE Consulting Engineers- Role of Nuclear Power as the future source of Energy for the growing power demand
- Mr Namit Shah, Managing Director, F Harley & Co- Fugitive Dust Control in Power Plants through Fog Based Technology
- Mr Nilesh Sinha, VP- Logistics, AllCargo Global Logistics
- Mr P.S. Bami, Former CMD, NTPC –Project Implementation Issues-Slow Progress, Capacity Constrains, Shortages of Equipment, land acquisition, Procedural hurdles
- Mr Pankaj Bharti, AGM, NTPC Ltd
- Mr Pankaj Gadhia, CEO, Lee & Muirhead- Logistics Challenges in setting up Thermal Power Projects
- Mr Puneet Chitkara, Principal, Mercados EMI Asia- ‘Power Market Development and Power Trading’
- Mr R.K. Anand, Senior DGM (PMG), Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited “‘Up rating, Renovation and Modernization of Old Power Plants”
- Mr Raj Prasad, Head & Lead Auditor- Energy Management Systems, Topic- Unveiling the Next Step in Energy Management: BS EN 16001
- Mr Rakesh K Goyal, Chief of Party DRUM & WENEXA (USAID Projects) & Managing Consultant PA Consulting Group
- Mr Rupender Bhatnagar, Director- Utilities, Microsoft Corporation India- Empowering Excellence in Power Generation
- Mr S K Mukherjee, Executive Director, Tecpro Systems Limited- Topic Related to Material Handling
- Mr S. K. Kawatra, Director, Advanced Sustainable Iron and Steelmaking Center (ASISC), USA
- Mr S.K.Dube, General Manager(AUD)/ CENPEEP, Ash Utilization Division- Exploration for Adoption New Technologies for Fly Ash Utilization
- Mr Sandeep Dave, Director, Neptune Industries Ltd- Fly Ash Bricks Manufacturing Project- An Integral Feature of Fly Ash Utilization Program
- Mr Sanjay Gambhir, General Manager, Doosan Babcock Engineering Services India- Coal Fired Supercritical Power Plants – Critical Review
- Ms Suchitra Chitale, Managing Partner, Chitale & Chitale Partners- Legal aspects in Power Purchase Agreement and Market Development
- Mr Suresh Sarma, Chief Operating Officer- Technical, Gactel Turnkey Project (formerly Gammon Cooling Towers)- Thermal Upgradation of Cooling Towers & its Impact on Power Generation’
- Mr T.K. Ghosh, AGM, P.K. Bansal, Senior Manager, BHEL Haridawar “Latest trends in large rating Steam Turbine Blading
- Mr Tzeng-Hsi Liu, Deputy Director, Department of Nuclear Generation, Taiwan Power Company
- Mr V.N. Choudhary, ED, NTPC- Coal for Power Generation in India: Strategic Issues & Challenges
- Mr Vimal Kumar, Scientist 'G' & Head, Fly Ash Unit, Govt. of India, Ministry of Science & Technology - Disposal of Ash and Emission Control by using coal with not more than 34% ash
- Mr Vivek Pai, Manager– Sales & Marketing, Honeywell Automation- 'Power Plant Operational Improvement using Automation'
- Paper Presenters
- Dr. Dhananjay B.Devi, Certified Energy Manager & Lecturer (Selection Grade), Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil College of Engg. & Poly. Satara - Improvement In Energy Efficiency In Foundry Industry Using Energy Management Practices And Energy Conservation
- Mr Hedayat Omidvar, Head of Communication Affairs- Research & Technology Dept, National Iranian Gas Company- National Iranian Gas Company- Prospect of Natural Gas Industry in Iran
- Mr Harmeet Singh Bagga, Senior Engineer, NTPC Kawas Gas Power Project- New Mega Power Policy, a Boost to Power Sector
* Some other speakers are under invitation or their participation is being finalized.
- Please note that several companies have confirmed multiple registrations
- Prominent Speakers in 2nd & 3rd Thermal Power India included Mr Anil Razdan, Secretary, Ministry of Power; Mr V P Joy, Joint Secretary (Th, IPP, FS), Ministry of Power; Mr T Sankaralingam, CMD, NTPC; Mr D N Prasad, CMD, MP Power Generating Company; Dr Sudhir Kumar Calla, CMD, RRVUNL; Mr H L Bajaj, Member (Technical), Appellate Tribunal for Electricity; Dr Vimal Kumar, Head- Fly Ash Unit, Govt of India; Mr Sunil Verma, Member (E&C), CEA; Mr A B L Srivastava, Director, NHPC; Mr K V Muthukrishnan, Executive Director, BHEL; Dr Chandan Chowdhury, CEO, IFS Solutions; Dr Ira Jaroslav, Director, SKODA Power; Mr Ashwani Sachar, General Manager- Power Plants, Wartsila; Mr G S Bindra, General Manager- Incharge, Power Sector, BHEL; Mr John O Thames, Engineering Director, Fluor Daniel; Mr Luc Jacquet, MD- South East Asia, EDF; Mr Paul Felten, Senior Vice-President, AREVA, France; Mr Rajesh K Mediratta, Vice President, Indian Energy Exchange; Mr Reji Kr Pillai, Head - Energy & Utilities, IBM; Mr S Padmanaban, Dy Director & Senior Advisor, USAID; Mr V Sethuraman, Director (Power), Neyveli Lignite Corporation; Ms Sunita Kumar, Director- Nuclear Energy Affairs, AREVA etc.; Prof Avinash Chandra, Head- Centre for Energy Studies, IIT- Delhi amongst others
(the designations of the speakers reflect the positions held by them at the time of the event)
- Companies that have previously attended Thermal Power India series include Adani, Alstom, APGCL, Appellate Tribunal for Electricity, Areva, ASEB, Atomic Energy of Canada, Austrian Trade, Balaji Coke, Baldor Electric, Barco, BHEL, Binder Connector (Nanjing), Birla Power, BMR & Associates, BP Energy, BSES Rajdhani Power, Carborundum Universal, CD-adapco India, CEA, CESC, Chadha Power, CSEB, Chettinad Power, Chitale & Chitale, Coal India, Conzerv, Crisil, Damodar Valley Corporation, Delhi Transco, Doosan, Driplex Water, Eco Securities, EDF, Electrosteel Casting, Embassy of Poland, Ernst & Young, Essar Power, ETA Star Energy, Evonik, Exide, Exxon Mobil, Facor Power, Fieldstone Capital, Flakt India, Flender, Fluor Daniel, French Embassy, Frost & Sullivan, Gammon, Gaz De France, GERB, GMR, GVK, Hägglunds, HPGCL, HCC, Henkel, Hindalco, Honeywell, IBM, IDFC, IFFCO, IFS, IIT, Indian Energy Exchange, Inspectorate, Interkarbon, International Paint, Ion Exchange, Itochu, JM Baxi, J Sagar, Jaipuria Group, Jindal, JSERC, K Raheja, Kalpataru, Karnataka Power Corporation, Kennametal, Kochhar, Kribhco, L&T Sargent & Lundy, Lafarge, Lahmeyer, Larsen & Toubro, Macawber Beekay, MAN Ferrostaal, Marsh, Mcnally Bharat, MECON, Metso Minerals, Microtex, Ministry of Heavy Industries, Ministry of Power, Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Science & Technology, Mitsubishi, Mitsui & Company, MN Dastur, Mott MacDonald, MPPGCL, Murugappa Morgan, Nalco, NBCC, Neyveli Lignite, NHDC, NHPC, NPTI, NTPC, Nuclear Power Corporation, PA Consulting, Petronet LNG, PFC, PGCIL, Planning Commission, Prakash Industries, PSEB, REC, Reliance, Rio Tinto, RRVUNL, Sahara Power, SBI Capital, SGS, Shree Cement, Shyam Steel, Singareni Coal, Skoda Power, SPX, SSNNL, Tata Power, Tecpro, Teledata Informatics, THDC, Thermax, Thermo Fisher Scientitic, TNEB, Trident Group, Triveni Engineering, Turbomach, UPRUNL, USAID, Vaas, Voith Turbo, Voltamp, Wartsila, WBSEB, Weir Minerals amongst others
- Further information about the event, including topics, agenda, speakers and list of participating companies, will be updated regularly on the conference website- www.IndiaCore.com