We wish to thank all the participants, speakers,
paper authors, sponsors, exhibitors and our partnering organisations
for the overwhelming response and interest in the Event.
Your support and active participation in this
important event contributed enormously in making the event
We are pleased to inform that the Conference Proceedings
are available in a CD.
The Proceedings are free for any full conference attendee.
Non conference attendees can purchase the proceedings. For
further details and ordering, please click
3rd Thermal Power India 2009
India Core and Council of Power Utilities organized the third edition of 'Thermal Power India'- a conference & exhibition series focussing on issues in the power generation industry covering coal, gas & oil power generation. The Thermal Power India series offers a unique platform to learn, discuss and exchange experience about the major structural, technical, managerial & regulatory changes and business opportunities in the power generation segment amongst various stakeholders.
To meet the capacity addition target of 78000 MW during 2007-12, massive resources would be required. According to the estimates of Government of India, investments of more than 100 billion dollars would be required in power generation in the next ten years. As such, significant project opportunities are expected in the power generation sector and the interest in the sector is at an all-time high.
‘3rd Thermal Power India 2009’ offered organisations with business interests in the region to play a major role in one of the world's fastest developing power markets and a premium platform to meet decision-makers, policy planners, business associates & prospective clients.
- Ideal occasion to meet, interact & network with key stake holders committed to best practices in power generation
- Two days full of informative & innovative conference sessions to showcase contributions, advancement, technologies and opportunities available
- Well received series of Conference
- ‘Thermal Power India 1’- held in December 1999 in New Delhi as part of Thermal Centenary celebration in India- was attended by more than 1000 participants from the industry- underlining the event's importance and its position.
- ‘Thermal Power India 2’- held in December 2007 in New Delhi received overwhelming response and was a sell-out success. It was attended by over 250 senior most stake holders from the power industry, with over 55 key note speakers and papers spread across two days of innovative conference sessions. For more details visit Thermal Power India 2 archives
Further information about the event, including topics, agenda, speakers and list of participating companies, will be updated regularly on the conference website- www.IndiaCore.com
- Prominent Speakers in Thermal Power India 2 included Mr Anil Razdan, Secretary, Ministry of Power; Mr V P Joy, Joint Secretary (Th, IPP, FS), Ministry of Power; Mr H L Bajaj, Member (Technical), Appellate Tribunal for Electricity; Mr T Sankaralingam, CMD, NTPC ; Mr P Abraham, Former Secretary, Power; Mr V Sethuraman, Director (Power), Neyveli Lignite Corporation ; Mr Sunil Verma, Member (E&C), CEA; Mr K V Muthukrishnan, Executive Director- PMG & TS, BHEL; Mr S Padmanaban, Dy Director & Senior Advisor, USAID; Mr Luc Jacquet, MD- South East Asia, EDF; Mr Paul Felten, Senior Vice-President, AREVA, France; Ms Sunita Kumar, Director- Nuclear Energy Affairs, AREVA etc