Achieving sustainable urbanization has been recognized as one of the major challenges of our society. At present, the majority of the global population is concentrated in urban areas and this percentage is foreseen to increase in the coming years.
The Smart City Mission is primarily targeted to provide core infrastructure, give a decent quality of life, a clean and sustainable environment and application of ‘Smart’ Solutions. The Central Government launched the Smart Cities initiative on 25th June 2015 with UP getting 12 cities from the recently released list of 98 cities. The largest number for any state. With the launch of the Smart Cities Mission, we move to the next phase of developing the cities.
Against this backdrop, CII is organizing a Smart Cities Conference on 30 September 2015 at Hotel Taj Vivanta, Lucknow. The conference aims to act as platform to create awareness and encourage decision makers from the government, industry and the citizen to integrate services and measures that will reduce the environmental footprint of cities, increase their appeal, and safeguard quality of life—all without any adverse effects on the efficiency of utilities. The Conference will bring together experts from various fields, including Government, to deliberate on the opportunities available for Industry to come in and contribute.
Conference Focus Areas:
· Smart & sustainable Infrastructure Development
· Smart Energy & Green Power
· Smart Utilities
Some of the key confirmed speakers are:
- Mr Abhishek Mishra, State Minister, Vocational Education and Skilled Development, Government of Uttar Pradesh
- Mr Partha Sarthy Sensharma, IAS, Secretary, UPNEDA
- Mr S Raghupathy, Executive Director, Indian Green Building Council
- Dr Prem C Jain, Chairman, Indian Green Building Council & Chairman, AECOM India
- Mr Satyendra Tomar Joint Managing Director, Purple Seas
- Mr Mukund Vasudevan, Vice President, Ecolab India
We also offer exclusive table space for display at the conference venue. This would be an ideal opportunity for organizations to showcase their products / services to the key representatives from Government, Municipal Corporations and other key stake holders.
For more information, please visit event website www.cii.in or contact:
Confederation of Indian Industry
Western UP Zonal Office
CMA Tower A-2E, Mezzanine Floor, Sector - 24
Noida 201 301, Uttar Pradesh
Tel : 0120- 4345973 (D)/ 6541957 Fax: 0120- 4345973