The 6th edition of India Pride Awards was held on 4th June 2015 at The Leela Palace, New Delhi. India Pride Awards Celebrates excellence in Public Sector Undertaking, the real foundation of India’s future. The India Pride Awards was instituted by the Dainik Bhaskar Group in 2009 to acknowledge excellence in Public Sector Unit enterprises (PSUs). Dainik Bhaskar India Pride Awards is a celebration of the excellence of Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) and recognizes their outstanding efforts and relentless work. The award was judged after meticulous evaluation by an eminent jury.
India Pride Awards 2015 was presided over by Mr Arun Jaitley, Hon’ble Minister of Finance, Corporate Affairs and Information & Broadcasting as the Chief Guest.
Co - Sponsor: United India Insurance
Television Partner: CNBC Awaaz
Knowledge Partner: ICRA
The highlight of the award night and among the celebrated list of awardees:
- Dr. Arup Roy Choudhury, CMD, NTPC was bestowed with the Lifetime Achievement Award for his outstanding contribution spanning over 14 years as head of leading Public sector organizations. During his career, Dr Arup Roy has worked both in private and public sector organizations. Speaking on the occasion, he gave the credit for his success and achievements to the teams of NBCC and NTPC.
- NMDC was awarded in the ‘Metals and Minerals and Trade (including Mining)’
- Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd in the category of excellence in Energy and Power
- BHEL for Excellence in Heavy Industries for the sixth consecutive time
- HAFED for being the best administered state PSU in the country in Agriculture and Associate Category
- IRCTC under the ‘Consumer Industry category’
- Mr Atul Sobti, Director (Power), BHEL, for Excellence as 'Head of Department' among Central PSUs
- Mr P.K. Sinha, General Manager (Corporate Communication), NTPC for Excellence as HOD Corporate Communication
- Mr V. Shahi, Chief Finance Officer, NSPCL (A joint Venture of NTPC Ltd and SAIL) in the “Excellence as Head of Department” category
About India Pride Awards
Historically, PSUs have played a vital role towards the development of our nation since independence. They have been the pillars of the Indian economy. As a tribute to the contributions made and excellence achieved in public services specially by the Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) in building our country, Dainik Bhaskar Group in the year 2009 had instituted ‘India Pride Awards’ on completing 50 years in business.
The award, one of its own kind to honour the PSUs of India in their areas of excellence goes through thorough jury process supported by recommendations from the rating agency ICRA who are also the “Knowledge Partners".
The first edition of the awards was conducted on 9th October 2009 at The Taj Palace, New Delhi. The event was presided over by Shri P. Chidambaram as the Guest of Honour. The function ignited a sense of pride for the people who walked away with accolades.
The second edition of the awards was conducted on 13th September 2010 at The Taj Palace, New Delhi. The event was presided over by Shri Pranab Mukherjee as the Chief Guest. The important highlight of this edition was that in addition to Central PSUs the State PSUs were also honoured.
The third edition of India Pride Awards was conducted on 21st October 2011 at The Taj Palace, New Delhi. The event was presided over by Shri Montek Singh Ahluwalia – Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Govt. of India as the Chief Guest. Shri V Narayanasamy, Minister of State, Parliamentary Affairs, Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Shri Jairam Ramesh, Union Minister of Rural Development were the Guests of Honour. The highlight of this edition was that in addition to Central and State PSUs, individuals from the society were awarded under two new categories namely Social Change Agents and Impact Creator – Civil Servants for the distinguished work done by them.
The 4th year of India Pride Awards, was held on 28th January 2013 at Hotel The Oberoi, Dr. Zakir Hussain Marg, New Delhi . This year there was introduction of another category, ‘Best Media Agency – PSU’. The award recognised the advertising agency for the most impactful PSU campaign. The awarded campaign was expected to have demonstrated in an impactful way the message on PSU competencies and its impact on the society and economy of the nation. The award was media-neutral and considered the best work in print media.
The 5th edition of India Pride Award was held on December 19, 2013 at The Hotel Taj Palace in New Delhi. Several dignitaries graced the event, including Dr M Mangapati Pallam Raju, Union Minister, Human Resource Development, who was the Chief Guest. Dr Harak Singh Rawat, Cabinet Minister of Agriculture, Medical Education & Soldier Welfare, Government of Uttarakhand was the Guest of Honour. Dr Charan Das Mahant, Minister of State of Agriculture and Rajeev Shukla, Minister of State Planning and Parliamentary Affairs were special guests at the event. The highlight of the award night was the felicitation of KR Kamath, CMD, Punjab National Bank with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
For more information, please visit event website www.dbindiaprideawards.com