IEEMA partnered with the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the world’s largest professional association for the advancement of technology to organize INTELECT 2015 & UPTO 11 kV Show – a conference cum exhibition on intelligent electricity - from 22nd to 24th of January 2015 at Bombay Exhibition Centre, Goregaon, Mumbai.
This was a first of a kind interactive platform which is being supported by three Ministries of the Government of India – Ministry of Power, IT & Telecom and Urban Development. Traditionally electrical exhibitions in India have focused on display of products and systems. INTELECT is a step ahead in line with the growing business needs to showcase Automation of electrical products and energy efficiency in an evolving eco-system. The 11 kV Show created a robust B2B platform to help Exhibitors, Discoms and Utilities to come together and co-share a path to convert vision into a living reality.
INTELECT, the three-day conference and exposition on the efficient consumption of electricity, was inaugurated by Shri Anant Geethe, Union Minister for Heavy Industry & Commerce, Government of India, Shri Tanga Byaling, Chairman, North Eastern Regional Power Committee & Minister for Home, Power & Non-Conventional Source of Energy, Arunachal Pradesh and Shri Chandrashekhar Bawankule, Minister for Energy, New & Renewable Energy, Maharashtra.
The event generated a lot of interest, from Industries, Utilities, Governmental departments and Consumers, as the theme is relevant to the ongoing initiatives of Smart Grid and Smart Cities. The various facets of the conference-cum-exposition include:
· Conference on Smart Electricity for Emerging Market, featuring world class marquee speakers and a gathering of high profile delegates
· Exposition: 100+ leading brands exhibiting technology & products in intelligent electricity space
· Utility Meet on Distribution Reforms with top officials of MoP and heads of utilities, industry captains across power, infrastructure, IT and MSME sector
· Make in India Pavilion
· Utility Pavilion – interact with senior officials from progressive utilities
· Smart Tech Lounge – Virtual experiential pavilion
· Contest for Innovation – Open to engineering students to showcase innovations in Smart Distribution , Energy Saving and Home Generation of electricity
· Closing Ceremony & Special Address by Shri Subhash Desai, Hon’ble Minister for Industries, Govt of Maharashtra
Keeping in line with the Government of India’s vision, INTELECT brought together, policymakers, business leaders, and academicians to discuss smarter cities, optimizing grid efficiencies and overall, improving the quality of life for the citizens of India. Participating companies included Brass Copper & Alloy (I) Ltd., HEX, Chhabi Electricals Pvt Ltd., Gupta Power Infrastructure Ltd., KNX, Larsen & Toubro Ltd. Meco Meters Pvt Ltd., Polycab Ltd. Prolite Autoglo Ltd., Ravin Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd. Schneider Electric, Secure Meters Ltd., Siemens Ltd.
For more information, please visit event website www.intelect.in or contact:
Mr Ajay Mahajan